The rules on testing are to be eased for people travelling to England, the government has announced on Wednesday afternoon, 05/01/2022.
One month after travel testing rules were tightened to combat the Omicron variant, the Prime Minister has announced test requirements will be eased for fully vaccinated arrivals to England. Travellers are now saved from the costly process of taking a lateral flow test before their return to the UK and a PCR test on day two of their arrival. Under the new rules, which come into force at 4 am on Friday, 07/01/2022:
From 4 am Friday 7 January:
If you qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England, and you will arrive in England after 4 am Friday 7 January, you do not need to:
– take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England
– quarantine when you arrive in England
From 4 am Sunday 9 January:
If you qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England, and you will arrive in England after 4 am Sunday 9 January, you can choose to take a lateral flow test instead of a PCR test after you arrive in England.
– If you take a lateral flow test and test positive, you will need to self-isolate and take a free confirmatory PCR test.
– You must book the test before you travel to England. You can book lateral flow tests from 4 am Friday 7 January. Book your test here: https://bit.ly/34FV1fI
– You cannot use a lateral flow test until after 4 am, Sunday 9 January. Before 4 am Sunday 9 January, you must use a PCR test after arrival.
The fully vaccinated rules also apply to children aged 17 and under, people taking part in an approved vaccine trial, and people who are unable to have a vaccination due to medical reasons.
TAG is the official Covid-19 testing partner of Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Our new testing centre is located opposite the check-in desks inside the terminal building at LJLA.
Hotline: 0330 118 0008